Caring for the community in Dinnington
At The Dinnington Practice, we are proud to offer NHS dental treatment to patients in Dinnington and South Yorkshire. We’ve been serving our community for many years, and it’s important to us that we continue to provide every patient with the dental care they need to enjoy a lifetime of good oral health.
With our caring and accommodating approach, we welcome patients with special needs into our surgery. However, some people may not be able to come to the practice because of a disability or medical condition. In these cases, we are pleased to offer domiciliary dental care as an NHS community dental service, designed to ensure everyone can have access to dental health. This includes providing dental care in hospitals, specialist health centres and mobile clinics, as well as offering home visits or visits to nursing or care homes.
If you are receiving NHS treatment at The Dinnington Practice, here’s a run-down of what you can expect from your appointment:
- a full examination of your mouth, teeth and gums
- questions about your general health and any problems you have had with your teeth, mouth or gums since your last visit
- discussion and advice on your diet, smoking and drinking habits
- questions about your cleaning regime and advice on the most appropriate products and techniques for you
- discussion of any risks, as well as costs, of any treatment you require
- scheduling of your next visit
Please note, if you incorrectly claim free NHS prescriptions or free or reduced cost dental treatment, you’re at risk of getting a Penalty Charge Notice.
Enhancing your smile in Dinnington
NHS treatment only covers what you personally need to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. If you are concerned about your smile, you may want to discuss an elective cosmetic treatment at The Dinnington Practice, such as dental implants or teeth whitening, which you can access privately. We also offer a range of payment plans and finance options to help you spread the cost of your dental treatment.
You can view details of NHS fees on the NHS Choices website.